A few stats. There are now 693 films reviewed on here, 40 of which are so obscure they're not even on the IMDB. Some people think I only write about the 'British Horror Revival' but that only accounts for 224 of these reviews. The total word count of all reviews is 1,041,834. Approximately. In addition, there are 312 interviews here, totaling 588,236 words, every single one of them lovingly typed by my fair hand. (Or in some cases, copied and pasted from an email...)
An unexplained recent boost in popularity means I now get 35-40,000 page views every month. For some reason. And another 5,000 or so on my British Horror Revival blog. My most popular reviews are The Haunting of Radcliffe House, The Seasoning House and 47 Meters Down. My most popular interview is Martine Beswick.
To celebrate my 15th anniversary, I am sending a four-question mini-interview to 100 of the biggest names in Hollywood. I came up with a list of directors, producers, writers, actors, composers and effects artists - some are legends, some are cult heroes, some are just my favourites - and today posted a letter, by airmail, to each one, care of the address listed on fanmail.biz. Here's what I asked them:
- Which technological or social development during your career has changed cinema the most?
- Which deceased film-maker or actor do you wish you could have worked with?
- What is the one question you’re fed up with answering in interviews?
- What would you rather be asked instead?
I don't expect to get a reply from everyone, but let's see, shall we? And here's to the next 15 years.
- 8th February: First reply, a hand-signed letter from Sir Ian McKellen
- 8th February: Also, a signed photo from Ben Affleck